We Want YOU as a volunteer at Bend Spay and Neuter Project!
Caring Volunteers are absolutely VITAL to our operation! As a grassroots organization, volunteer help drives our program. Volunteering at Bend Spay and Neuter is a great way to directly serve the animals of our Central Oregon community. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, there’s something for everyone!
Please email email@example.com for more information!
The following volunteer positions are available:
Pack Assistant: Surgical Pack cleaning and wrapping – 2-4pm Tues. – Fri.
Kennel Assistant: Cleaning kennels and helping with laundry – 2-4pm Tues. – Fri.
Data Entry – Help us keep up on entering medical records, donor information, etc. into our computer system! – flexible hours, email for more information.
Feral Cat Trapper: Helping trap and transport stray and feral cats in our community – flexible hours, email for more information.
Fundraising Committee - Help us plan and facilitate our fundraising events! New fundraising ideas are always welcome! – flexible hours, email for more information.
HOPE Pet Food Bank – Help with food distribution on the first Saturday of each month at Bend Pet Express, or help collect donated pet food from your work or school! – First Saturday of each month, 9:45-noon.
Outreach Team – Coming Soon! – Help spread the good news about having your pets spayed and neutered! – flexible hours, email for more information.
Offsite Event Specialist - Learn how to work our informational booth and be the face of Bend Spay and Neuter at our many offsite events including Bend Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring Festivals, Bend Saturday Market and other fun events! – hours vary, email for more information.
Maintenance Specialist - As a grassroots non-profit, it’s helpful to get donated help when things break. If you consider yourself a handyman or handywoman, we could use your help. – flexible hours, email for more information.
If you have a special talent not listed here, and think you could use it to help BSNP, please contact us! We would love to work with you. Whether you’re an artist, woodworker, writer or seamstress, we can find a way for you to use your talents to help BSNP.
For those looking to help in a more professional capacity, we are always looking for new Board Members. Please click here for current open positions on our Board of Directors.
** Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older unless volunteering with an adult.
Download and fill out our Volunteer Application
Not everyone has time to volunteer, you can still help by donating an item or items from our wish list!
• Cat food for feral cat colonies
• Garbage bags
• Distilled water
• Paper towels
• Cat carriers
• Humane traps
• Small blankets, towels and washcloths
• Gift cards to be used for purchase of clinic supplies
• In-kind donations of advertising
• Postage Stamps
• White and bright colored paper
Please drop items off at our clinic at 910 SE Wilson during our business hours, thanks!
Donation Boxes Abound
Have you seen our donation boxes around town? They have been great for bringing in extra cash each month to help the clinic. If you know of a business that would like to help out by displaying a box please let us know!
Third Party Fundraising Ideas
This is our FAVORITE type of giving! Consider the following ways YOU can easily raise money for BSNP!!
- Have an animal theme party and charge a $5 entry fee to benefit BSNP
- Hold a neighborhood garage sale with proceeds benefiting BSNP
- If you own a business, consider having a fundraising night or donating a percentage of sales on a particular day
- Ask your church or school group to collect donations of items listed above
- Hold a bake sale!
If you would like to hold a third party fundraising event, please contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Estate Planning/Planned Giving
Making a planned gift to Bend Spay and Neuter Project is a meaningful way to carry forward your compassion and concern for animals. Additionally, this type of giving may help you achieve specific financial goals, such as reducing or eliminating certain tax liability. There are many ways to include BSNP in your planned giving, please think of us when discussing these matters. We thank you for helping to make BSNP a sustainable organization long into the future. Below are three reasons why you should consider the option of Planned Giving.
1. Planned gifts can offer tax benefits to donors. Estate planning tools such as bequests, IRA asset allocation, Charitable Gift Annuities (CGA), and Charitable Remainder Trusts offer significant tax incentives to donors. For example a bequest is 100% deductible from a donor’s estate and can reduce potential estate taxes. A CGA offers the donor a tax deduction and can potentially sidestep capital gains taxes. Certain planned giving vehicles also enable the donor to ensure that his or her heirs will be financially provided for, alongside supporting a charitable cause.
2. Planned gifts offer donors a say in how the funds will be used. Whether a donor is publicly memorialized by a bequest or remains anonymous is something that can be pre-decided by the non-profit and the donor. The donor can also specify how he or she wishes the funds to be used–i.e. by supporting specific programs organized by the non-profit, creating a scholarship, or establishing an endowment. Also, certain planned giving tools allow broad flexibility to the donor to make changes to the planned giving arrangement.
3. Planned gifts allow donors to support a cause without affecting the donor’s current financial situation. Since most planned giving can be structured to take effect after the life of the donor, the donor would not have to accommodate any changes in their daily lifestyle.
NEW!! – DONATE YOUR CAR, BOAT, RV, or TRUCK!
Click Here for More Details!
SHOP & Donate
The Gold Card
The Gold Card is Bend’s newest discount card for locals only! The best part is, it’s FREE & BSNP benefits from it! Stop by BSNP and pick one up today, register your card online and start shopping at great local businesses like Bend Veterinary Clinic, where you’ll get 10% off, at Papa Murphy’s – 20% off, & Astro Lounge 50% off lunch with drink!! Check out their website for the full list at www.goldcardnetwork.com.
RallyCause – the latest app that lets you shop for a cause!
Check out RallyCause.com or just search the apps on your phone for a list of participating businesses and to start helping. By supporting local retailers like Cafe Sintra, Parilla, Dutch Bros and Kombucha Mama to name a few, they will donate a portion of your bill to the cause of your choice. BSNP’s current cause is to raise $5,000 to provide FREE spay and neuter surgeries for Pit Bulls and cats ~ the two categories of pets most likely to be euthanized in shelters! Please help us reach our goal by downloading the rallycause app and shopping today!
ReGroup Thrift Store!
Need to de-clutter your life?? Looking for a reason to go shopping?? Gather up some furniture, trinkets, clothing, etc. you no longer need or want and donate them to Regroup Thrift Store on behalf of Bend Spay and Neuter Project! When you mention you would like your items donated on behalf of Bend Spay and Neuter, a portion of the proceeds from your items go to BSNP. An easy way to help BSNP raise much needed funds for our program, and allow you to do some guilt-free shopping!
Drop off items at:
Regroup Thrift: 424 NE Greenwood
910 SE Wilson Ave, Ste. B1
(there is a box out front for after hours drop off!)