No time to volunteer?
Not everyone has time to volunteer, you can still help by donating an item or items from our wish list!
• Cat food for feral cat colonies
• Garbage bags
• Distilled water
• Paper towels
• Cat carriers
• Humane traps
• Small blankets, towels and washcloths
• Gift cards to be used for purchase of clinic supplies
• In-kind donations of advertising
• Postage Stamps
• White and bright colored paper
Please drop items off at our clinic at 910 SE Wilson during our business hours, thanks!
The Ronin Fund for Senior Dogs:
The Ronin Fund was created in memory of Dr. Alexanderson’s family dog Ronin. She was a beautiful Rot/Shepherd mix who recently passed away. We see many older patients at Bend Spay and Neuter Project, and sadly, not all of their families can afford to have bloodwork done prior to surgery, in order to be sure they are healthy enough for surgery. By donating to the Ronin Fund, you can help ensure that every senior dog receives bloodwork prior to surgery! We are trying to raise $1,000 so please cut and paste the link below into your browser and help us help senior pups!
Donation Boxes Abound
Have you seen our donation boxes around town? They have been great for bringing in extra cash each month to help the clinic. If you know of a business that would like to help out by displaying a box please let us know!
Estate Planning/Planned Giving
Making a planned gift to Bend Spay and Neuter Project is a meaningful way to carry forward your compassion and concern for animals. Additionally, this type of giving may help you achieve specific financial goals, such as reducing or eliminating certain tax liability. There are many ways to include BSNP in your planned giving, please think of us when discussing these matters. We thank you for helping to make BSNP a sustainable organization long into the future. Below are three reasons why you should consider the option of Planned Giving.
1. Planned gifts can offer tax benefits to donors. Estate planning tools such as bequests, IRA asset allocation, Charitable Gift Annuities (CGA), and Charitable Remainder Trusts offer significant tax incentives to donors. For example a bequest is 100% deductible from a donor’s estate and can reduce potential estate taxes. A CGA offers the donor a tax deduction and can potentially sidestep capital gains taxes. Certain planned giving vehicles also enable the donor to ensure that his or her heirs will be financially provided for, alongside supporting a charitable cause.
2. Planned gifts offer donors a say in how the funds will be used. Whether a donor is publicly memorialized by a bequest or remains anonymous is something that can be pre-decided by the non-profit and the donor. The donor can also specify how he or she wishes the funds to be used–i.e. by supporting specific programs organized by the non-profit, creating a scholarship, or establishing an endowment. Also, certain planned giving tools allow broad flexibility to the donor to make changes to the planned giving arrangement.
3. Planned gifts allow donors to support a cause without affecting the donor’s current financial situation. Since most planned giving can be structured to take effect after the life of the donor, the donor would not have to accommodate any changes in their daily lifestyle.
SHOP & Donate
The Gold Card
The Gold Card is Bend’s newest discount card for locals only! The best part is, it’s FREE & BSNP benefits from it! Stop by BSNP and pick one up today, register your card online and start shopping at great local businesses like Bend Veterinary Clinic, where you’ll get 10% off, at Papa Murphy’s – 20% off, & Astro Lounge 50% off lunch with drink!! Check out their website for the full list at www.goldcardnetwork.com.
RallyCause – the latest app that lets you shop for a cause!
Check out RallyCause.com or just search the apps on your phone for a list of participating businesses and to start helping. By supporting local retailers like Cafe Sintra, Parilla, Dutch Bros and Kombucha Mama to name a few, they will donate a portion of your bill to the cause of your choice. BSNP’s current cause is to raise $5,000 to provide FREE spay and neuter surgeries for Pit Bulls and cats ~ the two categories of pets most likely to be euthanized in shelters! Please help us reach our goal by downloading the rallycause app and shopping today!
ReGroup Thrift Store!
Need to de-clutter your life?? Looking for a reason to go shopping?? Gather up some furniture, trinkets, clothing, etc. you no longer need or want and donate them to Regroup Thrift Store on behalf of Bend Spay and Neuter Project! When you mention you would like your items donated on behalf of Bend Spay and Neuter, a portion of the proceeds from your items go to BSNP. An easy way to help BSNP raise much needed funds for our program, and allow you to do some guilt-free shopping!
Drop off items at:
Regroup Thrift: 424 NE Greenwood
910 SE Wilson Ave, Ste. B1
(there is a box out front for after hours drop off!)